Facial Thread Lift
A facial thread lift is a cosmetic procedure which lifts sagging skin gently and returns it to its original contours, resulting in a firmer, plumper, more youthful and lifted facial appearance.
This procedure involves the placement of medical-grade dissolvable threads underneath the skin and “pulling” of the skin up by tightening the thread to desired points of the face. Thread lift is used to lift and add volume to sagging cheeks back to its original position, evelate and reduce appearance of marionette lines and nasolabial folds, lift jowl area and revitalise the neck area. The threads can stimulate new natural collagen production over time.
Marionette lines, nasolabial folds and jowls, are the usual parts of the face which will benefit from a thread lift. The amount of threads required to produce the desired results varies among individuals and hence the cost varies as well.
This procedure is performed by our cosmetic physician and is a less invasive alternative to a surgical face lift with lower cost, minimal risks and low downtime.
Our cosmetic physician will first provide a thorough and comprehensive consult to assess if you are suitable to undergo this treatment.
Please advise our doctor if you are regularly taking anti-coagulation therapy, have any auto-immune or skin condition and have any past facial surgeries.
Avoid alcohol and smoking.
This treatment is recommended to be scheduled a week prior to a special occasion or event.
If you are on blood-thinning medication such as aspirin, you will need to avoid these medication one week before treatment day.
This minimally invasive procedure is performed by our cosmetic physician and requires no general anaesthesia. Local anaesthetic is used to minimise any pain or discomfort. A thin needle or cannula will be used to insert the threads underneath the skin. Once the threads are inserted into the desired position, the cannula will be removed and the threads are tightened. Light pressure or tightening under the skin can be felt.
Low downtime with minimal pain. Treatment takes approximately 60 minutes.
Tightening sensation on the treated areas. Some minor puckering and/or skin irregularity may occur, which usually resolve within a week.
Post treatment bruising, mild redness and swelling are common and expected at the treated sites. These will resolve over time, generally in the first 2 weeks.
Lifting results are immediate and can last for approximately 12 months. Annual treatment is recommended for maintenance.
Results may vary from person to person.
Combination of facial thread lift with other treatment types can yield best results. Talk to our cosmetic physician for your customised treatment plan.
Our doctor will assess suitability to undergo this treatment. Please book in for an initial consult and our doctor will address your concerns.
- A thread support garment will be provided and it is recommended that patients wear this for 2 weeks following the procedure.
- Refrain from applying make-up over the injection sites until the wound is healed.
- Paracetamol can be taken to ease any discomfort.
- Ensure the injection sites are kept clean.
- Avoid facial contact with animals or their coats for 1 week to ensure cleanliness.
- Ice may be applied to soothe the treated areas.
- Bruising is expected and can vary between individuals, from mild to severe. Hirudoid or Arnica Cream can be used to reduce bruising.
- Sleep on your back and keep your head elevated for the first 3 nights.
- Avoid prolonged sun exposure, always seek shade and use a combination of sun protection measures (e.g. SPF 50+ sunscreen, hats, umbrellas). Reapply sunscreen every 2 hours.
- Avoid high-impact activities and sports (e.g. boxing, netball, etc.) for 3 weeks.
- Avoid facial treatments/procedures (e.g. facials, face massages, etc.) for 4 weeks.
- Avoid saunas or heat treatments for 3 weeks.
- No dental surgery for 4 weeks.
- Do not have heat treatments (RF or Laser) in the face for 3 months.